Basketball hoops play a significant role in improving the game of a future playmaker and to help them shoot free throws in their extra time. If you and your family love playing basketball, buying the right hoop can become a very tough decision for you.
There is a variety of factors to consider before buying a hoop such as the location of the basketball court, the material of the backboard, skills of the player, and your budget. Once you are familiar with all such considerations, you can make an informed decision about getting a suitable basketball hoop.
To give you a better idea of how much do basketball hoops cost, we have compiled a list of its components and have discussed the price tags on each one of them individually. Without further ado, let’s take a closer look and find out what should it cost you to get a basketball hoop that is suitable for your requirements.
The material of the Backboard
The materials which are used in the making of a best pool basketball hoop signify how the ball is going to bounce off along with the sturdiness of your hoop.
- Tempered glass: This material is used in making a basketball hoop for pro level players. It is capable of offering the same bounce as well as spin to the player that most people find in their sports center. These basketball hoops are available from $1000 and can be bought for over $13,000 depending on the level of your game.
- Acrylic: These best indoor basketball hoops are useful in a way that once they are installed, they look just like a glass hoop but in an affordable price range. They are also very light in overall weight, so you don’t have to provide them with much support. Though the spin and bounce of the ball may vary from expensive materials but all in all they are good. They can be purchased from $100 to a $ 1000 both online and from market
- Polycarbonate: These best outdoor basketball hoops are far more durable than any other material on this list. They give similar spin and bounce as acrylic hoops, but they provide added benefits where they can tolerate vigorous playing and dunking during the game. The mediocre price of this material is somewhat the same as acrylic, i.e., from $200 to $2000.
The size of a basketball backboard matters very well when choosing the best in-ground basketball hoop. You can buy the largest backboard available in the market if your budget allows and can go for the smallest one if your finances are on the low side. The backboards according to the regulations of NBA are 72 inches wide, 42 inches high which are made of glass and are half inches thick.
- 44-48 inches backboard: These boards are to be played by the kids. They are very affordable and can be bought for a mere $100 or so.
- 54 inches backboard: The average price of such backboard is around $400, but sometimes they are also available at a much lower rate.
- 60 inches: You can get these size backboards for a $1000 where you will be given with a 60-inch backboard that you can use for pro-level games.
- 72 inches: These are very premium backboards and are available for $20,000 and even more.
There are so many excellent quality basketball poles that are available in the market. If you are a selective player, you are sure to get mesmerized by the range that multiple brands have to offer. These poles are available from a price range of a few hundred dollars to a maximum thousand dollars. The price of a basketball pole depends upon its following specifications:
- Gauge: This specification is the thickness of steel over the central pole. This measurement is taken in inches. If the gauge is small, it means more thick steel has been used in the making of the pole. The basketball pole will be more rigid and durable if thick steel is incorporated in it and the thicker the steel is, the more will be the price range.
- Shape and size: Round poles are the least expensive among all, but they are also the least reliable and strong. On the other hand, the rectangular poles are large but they are also very stable and durable. Rectangular poles are a little expensive but also a one-time investment.
- Gussets: It is an essential part of the ground-mounted pole systems for the basketball court. They are very significant in determining the stability of the pole and play a crucial role in enhancing the rigidity of the court. The better the quality of gussets, the more will be the price of the pole.
All-weather basketball net in white color is the ultimate choice for many people. Basketball nets may not be the most glitzy basketball adjunct, but they have an indispensable role during the game. The purpose of a basketball net is to slow the speed of the ball down when it is going down the rim. Different materials of these nets are available which are easy to avail from a mere $4 to $50.
- Nylon basketball net: They are suitable to be used as a competition net and can work as an upgrade if you want to use them in your house.
- Nylon anti-whip basketball net: Such nets are very heavy-duty and can be used to lessen whip since it is a lightly braided net.
- Polyester anti-whip basketball net: They are made out of 100 percent polyester material as well as propylene in the tips to enhance its strength. NBA officials use this net for their pro-level games.
- Steel basketball net: Made up of premium safety steel which eliminates the risks and dangers of a player’s injury. These nets are a little expensive than the others.